Background

Friday, May 7, 2010

My Little Helper

Anora has begun the helper stage and I must say I am loving it. Everyday when I come home she picks my shoes up from wherever Mommy decides to take them off and puts them in my shoe pile. Anyone who knows me, knows I always have a shoe pile going underneath my coffe table. Well unfortunately my "Tinker" must have cuahgt onto my bad habit and has realized that this is where the shoes go. She has also begun wiping her own face after meals. If you give her a wet papertowel and say wipe your mouth she does just that. Then when she is done she proceeds directly to the trash can opens it, and drops it right in. Which brings up the fact that the trash can is a locking trash can which she has figured out how to work and because of which we turn it towards the wall so that she can't open it (quite so readily). So it is really funny to watch; she has to go over to the trash can, turn it around, unlock it and then finally open it to throw away the papertowel. The other day when I came home for lunch I had an empty soda bottle in my hand and she was looking and pointing and whining so I gave it to her thinking she wanted it to play with and she went right over and proceeded with her throw it away routine. It was a proud moment for me. I had not even asked her to throw it away. She amazes me and her Daddy every single day with how much she understands. I am not saying she is a baby genius or anything, it is just that when they aren't yet able to vocalize all that they understand and suddenly they show you that they are understanding what you are saying and you had no expectation of that it is one of those wow memnts; for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment